Chess In The Library

Chess In The Library

Tuesday 13 May 2014

Executive Highlight: Jessica Cao

Introducing Executive Highlights, a series of posts where we interview and really get to know the team that improves and keeps Chess in the Library running. First up is Jessica Cao, our Vice President!




What library do you volunteer for?
 North York Central Library.

How long have you played chess?
 3 years, on-and-off.

 How long have you volunteered for Chess in the Library?
2 years.

What do you do as the Vice President?
I attend executive meetings and help run events such as regional tournaments and the annual chess festival. I also manage Chess in the Library's social media outlets. It's a lot of fun!

What other things are you involved in?
I've won titles at international DECA competitions (although I officially ended my high school DECA career this year). I volunteer for Kids Help Phone as part of the National Youth Advisory Committee. I do a bit of scientific research on the side - it's a fun job! In my spare time, I also like to upload song parodies onto YouTube and play around with photography.

Is there anything you want to say to someone who is reading this interview?
Chess in ah-mazing. Even if you're not that great at it (like me), chess is still very helpful for your memory and thinking skills. Never give it up and remember to have fun! Nothing is ever as serious as it seems to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment