Chess In The Library

Chess In The Library

Wednesday 19 June 2013

2013-2014 Treasurer Platform for Jessie Li

Jessie Li


To begin, I’d like to introduce myself: my name is Jessie Li and I am currently a senior at Victoria Park C.I.  Though I am not a competitive chess player, nor do I play often, I believe I am suitable for the position as the CITL treasurer for the upcoming 2013-2014 year.  Having taken on the leadership role as both Grade 11 Rep and Secretary on the Student Leadership Council at my school, I am familiar with the responsibilities and dedication that accompanies any leadership position.  Being the treasurer of such an organization is extremely important, and not to be taken lightly.  The role requires initiative, accountability, and lastly, commitment.  Throughout the past several years, the various extra-curriculars I have participated in as well as my school work have taught me valuable skills that I can now use towards other endeavors, such as CITL.  The treasurer is responsible not only for constructing a budget report, but as well as outreaching to possible sponsors.  Volunteer work, such as phone canvassing for consecutive years, and my role on the SLC have enabled me to successfully contact potential donors and understand how to develop positive relations. 


Part of being a successful treasurer is keeping updated and being diligent to all the details, however minor.  With prior experience of successfully executing Talent Show and Semi-Formal at Victoria Park C.I., I am able to grasp the numerous different components and factors in play to facilitate a successful event.  Through becoming involved in “behind-the-scenes” and personally witnessing the amount of input required to host even a small-scale event—former knowledge and experience can go a long way into avoiding unnecessary mistakes and making the plan follow through as effortlessly as possible.  Though a platform cannot communicate who I am fully and my capabilities, I hope you consider me as the CITL treasurer for the upcoming year.

No comments:

Post a Comment