Chess In The Library

Chess In The Library

Tuesday 26 June 2012

2012-2013 CITL Executive Board Elections - Communications Officer

Communications Officer Roles and Responsibilities
The Communications Officer is CITL’s Head of Human Relations. He or she is the Chief Volunteer Coordinator and contact person. The Communications Officer is responsible for handling volunteer applications, directing successful applicants to the most appropriate library branches, arranging for necessary training, responding to volunteer’s queries, and signing volunteer-hours when the relevant branch is unable to do so.

Candidacy Platform
Greetings, let me tell you a little bit about myself. My name is Stefan Laculeanu and I have become a part of this team just a few months ago, back in the winter! I currently volunteer at Bridlewood, Fairview (now closed) and Malvern library and have done so since then. I know that many of you do not know me and those who do most likely think I am this tall scary guy; well, you're wrong. To the best of my abilities, I will do as much as possible to get to know every single one of you. I believe that you are all wonderful, dedicated people and my friendliness will not drive you away from me.

Furthermore, I would like to tell you a little bit about my intentions. I was about six years old when I learned how to play chess and my Gosh, did I not love it. Since then, I have been very excited and passionate about the game, and very grateful to my father who taught me how to play. I am not the greatest chess player out there, but do you really have to be in order to succeed and achieve your goals of helping others who do not have the chance or possibility? Michael Jordan never made his highschool basketball team, yet worked hard for what he loved and became one of the world's greatest basketball players. My point here is, that not only I, but every single member of the CITL, regardless of what they think, deserves the chance and has the potential to represent an aspect of the program. As we all have heard, our leader Yuanling Yuan is leaving next year and so are many other committed members of the executive board, leaving us, those remaining, with the hard work they have accomplished over the course of three years. As a result, CITL is in need of dedicated, creative and open-minded individuals like us,  and that is why I have decided to run for your 2012-2013 executive board elections.

I believe that my endless dedication, hard work and the amount of hours and effort put into this year's three branches, Fairview, Bridlewood and Malvern, have proved to be nothing but seriousness and ambition leading to success. Coming from a dedicated young man, aspiring to help others and offer them the opportunity to play and learn chess, along with our great CITL family, I truly believe that I will succeed in expanding onto this goal and continue the hard work of our yesterday's leaders. Every child on this planet should have the right, the opportunity and the help needed to play chess, regardless of race, age or class and that is why I, Stefan Laculeanu, will do my best and continue doing what I love to do, regardless of the outcome in the voting process, to help not only our family expand and come together closer by maintaining regular conversations with all of you, but help it make a difference in our world today. Actions always speak louder than words!

Stefan

No comments:

Post a Comment